In order to accompany policy makers and producers in this important but delicate transition, Eurogroup for Animals has launched a science- and evidence-based guidance document presenting good animal welfare practices in cage-free egg production systems. Read the report here (available in FR and EN)
- Essere Animali: Evidence of cruelty to Italian laying hens
- Kraft Heinz signs the European Chicken Commitment
- How to shift from enriched cages to alternative systems? Guidelines now available in French
- Nomad Foods signs the European Chicken Commitment
- TESCO will not sign the Better Chicken Commitment
Eurogroup for Animals
We are recognised by the European Parliament and Commission as the leading animal welfare organisation at EU level and represent animal welfare interests on many EU advisory committees and consultation bodies. Over the years we have been instrumental in achieving legal protection and EU standards which dramatically improve the way animals are treated.